- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 734.764.9369
- Office: Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library, Room 807, 913 S. University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Ph.D. 2012, University of California Berkeley
- History of Graeco-Roman Egypt
- Egypt in the European colonial period
- Desert Rose: An Environmental History of Egypt's Fayyum (III BCE-XIII CE)
I hold a joint appointment in the Library as the archivist of the Papyrology Collection and as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Classical Studies. My academic interests focus on papyrology and the history or Graeco-Roman Egypt, primarily environmental history (water, irrigation, agriculture, natural resources, etc.). I also have interests in the history of Egyptology and in Egypt in the European colonial period.
I am the Archivist of the Papyrology Collection and work to facilitate research, publication, and conservation of the collection. On the digital side, I oversee and help to enhance papyrology's digital resources. On the Classical Studies side, I serve as an Assistant Professor and teach coursework in the Classics.